View Single Post
Old December 2, 2017, 09:22 AM   #11
Double Naught Spy

Good on the CCWs for protecting themselves and each other.

Quote:
... and another story deemed not worth of reporting by Lamestream Media.
And why would they? It was just a local shootout between a gunman and employees. Only two employees hit, only 1 killed, and the gunman injured/stopped. So what is national newsworthy about the event? It never got to the level of being a mass shooting, so it isn't even a mass shooting. It might have become one and then might have made national news for a bit, or might have even been largely left alone like the two Houston mass shootings last year that came and went very quickly in the national media. It wasn't a spree shooting as it only happened at one place at one time. So, it was just a small, local shootout. The main stream media does not spend a lot of time on events that didn't happen. The don't spend much time how the guys at a refinery stopped a small fire, potentially saving dozens or hundreds of lives, but instead noted the financial loss of the refinery being shut down while repairs are made.

From the accounts so far, the Robert Lorenzo Bailey, Jr. was a looney. This certainly had the makings of a possible mass shooting. The shooter had been fired from his part time job as a bouncer, apparently becoming paranoid according to his former boss who suggested he get help.

Of course, it didn't happen (again) in a gun free zone, either.

Quote:
The thing that concerns me about cc holders intervening in these shootings is what will happen when a cop confuses one for a bad guy and ends up killing him/her.
One problem at a time. Don't go all Brendan (Dan) McKown on us, getting paralyzed with indecision about using your gun and then getting paralyzed by the bad guy. You deal with the problems that pose the greatest threat first.

Keep in mind that these guys were not just "intervening." They were fighting back. They weren't two dudes from some business down the street that responded, but people from the auto shop that was being attacked.

So often, cops are nowhere near these shootings and fail to be on scene for minutes, sometimes 10s of minutes. Occasionally one is around, but not often.

Page generated in 0.02465 seconds with 8 queries