View Single Post
Old February 25, 2021, 12:11 PM   #36
stinkeypete

For a knock around shotgun I’d rather have a sxs. Baikal, stevens, whatever $300 old used thing because it just is what it is, an old heavy blunderbus.

For a really nice shooting shotgun, over and under all day. Don’t pay less than $1200 for it and just buy the 686. Buying some Turkish gun is for experts, noobie won’t understand why he has to spend months without his cheap over and under at the gunsmiths to make it right.

Win the lotto bragging rights hunting shotgun? Sxs all the way. $4000 and up. Don’t pay less unless collecting is part of the hobby.

Win the lotto shotgun games- over and under. $12,000 and up. Kolar isn’t far from me, I just don’t shoot enough clay to justify it but a premium shotgun is worth it if money isn’t an issue.

Me? My latest is a Fabarms L4 hunter semi auto. It’s got the quality of an over and under costing twice as much or a sxs costing 4x as much. I don’t love it yet, but it’s getting there. It certainly hits where I look and shoots soft.

What have I come to love? My Ithaca 37. The more kids butcher perfectly nice old pump guns or buy ugly black ones, the more precious anything in walnut becomes.

Page generated in 0.03150 seconds with 8 queries