View Single Post
Old January 13, 2019, 08:40 PM   #1
Bfglowkey

6.5 Grendle in bolt action load info

The Grendle is a gem in the AR world and the numerous amounts of loads are mostly limiting the pressures so that the gas operations of the ARs are within safe tolerances. I get it.
My dilemma is I feel that in a bolt gun it can easily replace my current stalking hunter in 308. So I am putting together one based on the Howa 1500 Mini action. 20" threaded HBL ( contour # 6 ) and its gonna rival the weight of the Tikka TX3 lite. Now recoil is super mild as well from the few I have shot in the ARs that some kind gentleman let me try at the range recently.
So my question finally....with no gas operation limits to worry about, are folks loading them to higher pressures safely and if so are they sticking to the common powders like 8208, BLC2, AR COMP, Leveraction? Or is there some other options that suddenly are viable that are not in the burn rate of the above mentioned ( Accurate 2540, Benchmark, H332(5), TAC, CFE223...etc)
Small case and overbore seem to lend the thought that its pretty much the above mentioned. Maybe if you had a longer barrel a slightly slower burning powder might be feasible but I can see it....then again I am just a fun seeker and avid enthusiast so I reach out to you fine folks for your experience in the cartridge.

Plan on sticking to the 123 pills ( SST for hunting ) and the 95 for varmints. But mostly the 123s

Page generated in 0.02291 seconds with 8 queries