View Single Post
Old October 18, 2008, 08:34 PM   #11
Waterengineer

One of the beautiful things about government ins the USA is that it grinds slowly.

NO president, even if it the what's his name for Chi-town, will not be able to get a ban.

BUT, what we all need to be aware of is incrementalism - slowly but surely tearing away the fabric of the laws enacted to protect second amendment rights. i.e., laws and regulations that begin to limit the use or ownership of said arms for future gemerations and MAY, one day create the silliness that the UK and Austrailia ended up with.

It was apathy and contentment that allowed the gun crontro;s to grab hold in those countries.

I know someone will flame me for this view - but my point is that we need to be ever watching for the corroding thread of creeping incrementalism. Then our rights are protected. Also, we here in the good ol' USA have a different relationship and culture with guns than in any other union in the world.

One more time. An outright ban is not in the cards. It is the chipping away at the corners of our rights that we need to protect.

Page generated in 0.03639 seconds with 8 queries