View Single Post
Old January 23, 2012, 06:27 PM   #19
Skans

No - not me, but of course if Hanibal has one that's good enough for me. My decision to buy an AC556 went something like this:

1. It was originally between an UZI and AC556 - both priced nearly the same when I was in the market. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I decided I wanted a full-auto that fired the more powerful .223 than 9mm or .45. So, the UZI was out.

2. I also considered the FNC because I had an FNC semi-auto that I could have purchased a sear for. But I was concerned about lack of parts and breakages. Also, the conversion required welding the bolt (I think?), only a couple of folks did this, and I wasn't convinced that this was the best way to go.

3. The AC556 was rugged, robust, affordable and factory supported (at the time). A factory supported machinegun that I could shoot and get repaired whenever I wanted - Yep, that made the AC556 an easy choice.

Now, what have I learned?

The FNC conversions are actually quite durable and robust - you don't hear about many problems with these guns. The AC556 is no longer supported by Ruger and its very hard to find parts for it. Parts sets are through the roof! I still like it better than the UZI, but not as much as I did when I first bought it.

Page generated in 0.03543 seconds with 8 queries