View Single Post
Old September 16, 2011, 11:49 AM   #18
FireForged

I am not really one that is into calling everything "tactical" but I do like having a good sturdy flashlight available for bumps in the night. You can debate the good bad and ugly about using flashlights in SD situations all day long but its basically a balancing act. Honestly, I think there is more good than bad. There is alot of talk about making yourself a target with a flashlight and I do not dispute that at all. You just have to decide how confident you are on assessing the situation. I am not going to attempt "Clearing" a dark house or other confined dark space but I would and do use a flashlight more many other safety/security tasks.

I own (2) FenixTA20's led and they are the best "small" lights I have ever owned. I dont like to go overboard with the lums and these are just right with something like a 30lum 80lum, 150lum and strobe. The brightness is controlled by a dial, the light wont roll away, has a attack bezel and the tailcap button is heavyduty.

I will also say that if you are going to buy a flashlight, buy a good one. A light isnt much good if it wont come on, wont stay on long, or breaks the first time you drop it. I have tried all manner of light up into the $35 range but it wasnt until I doubled that price that I actually received a flashlight I can depend on.

Last edited by FireForged; September 16, 2011 at 11:58 AM.

Page generated in 0.03762 seconds with 8 queries