View Single Post
Old March 25, 2002, 02:59 PM   #1
ericthecurdog

Location: Gainesville, Florida: Center of the known universe.
ATA and NSSA Snobery

Hi. My name is Eric (hello Eric) and I have been addicted to Skeet and Trap for three months.

Tell me if this happens in your area, or if I live in a particular zone of weirdness centered around Gator Skeet and Trap in Gainesville, Florida:

I went to the range yesterday and waited patiently for an hour for my turn at skeet only to be told that there would be no open shooting because (no BS) the skeet chairman 'had a bad match and was in a bad mood.'

I also HAVE YET to shoot 5 stand or bunker trap because every time I go down to that area of the range it's overrun with the shooting vest and Perrazi crowd who WILL NOT shoot with a beginner and have the range reserved for the next SIX hours, thank you very much.

The way some of these competitive shooters priss around is really disconcerting. How do they expect their sport to survive beyond them if they don't cultivate beginners?

Oh, and by the way, the next time I'm giggled at by some oldster with a Belgian Browning just because I carry a Synthetic 870 Express, only to go out and outshoot said oldster by two or three clays I will be forced to resort to foul language.

Page generated in 0.02169 seconds with 8 queries