Thread: 1100 vs 11-87
View Single Post
Old November 28, 2013, 08:45 PM   #29
Virginian

An 1100 holds the record for going the longest without issues and no cleaning - over 24,000 rounds. It is in Guiness if you doubt me. I have no idea what kind of shells they were shooting. I have gone up to 200 with absolutely filthy Blue Dot reloads, maybe 400 otherwise. But, I clean any gun after i shoot it, whether 1 shell or hundreds, particularly any gas operated auto. I am not talking a detail cleaning but at least a less than 5 minute spray and wipe of the gas parts. When I get too lazy to do that you can throw the dirt in on me.
I broke an extractor on my 1963 Model 1100 in 1982 at a round count of about 92,000. Round count is now over 115,000 with no other failures. I know a guy who has over 200,000 thru his, and he did break an action bar a few years ago. I have had no failures of any kind on 12 others I have owned. I have fixed a lot of issues on other people's 1100s. What's the difference? I don't know for sure, but I have an idea.
The biggest enemy of any self loading shotgun is the nut on the back of the stock.
The newest 1100s have a new carrier that will allow one to cycle shells thru the action just by working the bolt. I am ordering a couple of old carriers because I like that the action locks back after every manual pull back.

Page generated in 0.03929 seconds with 8 queries