View Single Post
Old January 15, 2013, 02:59 PM   #33
bird_dog

Quote:
bird_dog...are they outright banning without any grandfather clause whatsoever?
I'm just reading the actual verbage now. It's confusing (not surprisingly). It looks to grandfather, yes, but also requires magazines capable of carrying more than 7 to only be loaded with 7. And another part says magazines of 10 or more must be sold out-of-state or to a dealer within a year. Whether or not this is only referring to 'assault rifles' is very unclear. It appears to mean all semi-handguns, as well. So, my 1911 would be good to go, but my Ruger P345 (because it has ONE more cartridge capacity) would not?

It appears that NO semi-automatic handguns with a capacity of 8 or more will be legal to sell! I did a text-search to see if there was anything about not having this affect .22 rimfire handguns. There doesn't appear to be. There also doesn't seem to be any mention of revolvers that carry more than 7. Wonder how that will pan out? You can't squirrel hunt with a 9 shot 22 anymore?

I'm sure others are reading it in more detail and with a smarter eye than me but it sure looks bad at first pass-through.

Page generated in 0.02295 seconds with 8 queries