View Single Post
Old September 21, 2012, 06:05 PM   #46
dahermit

Quote:
His gun handling was largely developed around quickdraw and what I'd call "stunt show demonstrations", which is not taking anything away from his accomplishments & abilities.
I have nearly finished with his book. The observations that I have made so far are: His interest in fast draw was a result of the observation/analysis of many gunfights on the border. Also, his development of fast draw could not have been developed around "stunt show demonstrations", inasmuch as it was a long process of development done before he was a celebrated pistolero and did any "stunt show demonstrations". Also notable, in his book he states he had studied the "economy of motion", as the basis for his method. So, it would seem that the "stunt show demonstrations", came after he already had developed his method and holster. Of course, he could have been lying, I suppose.

Nevertheless, until I come across another method of fast draw that results from a study of the economy of motion and can clearly show that the newer method has a more efficient economy of motion (none seems to be forthcoming...but if there is, point me to it please), I will follow his advice for my experiment with fast draw.

Last edited by dahermit; September 21, 2012 at 06:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.02282 seconds with 8 queries