View Single Post
Old August 18, 2009, 07:34 PM   #13
banditt007

www.crowbusters.com i'm sure you can find some info there.

I shot one and only one by pure chance.....was a great shot but i wont get into that. Anyway, i breasted it out w/ full intentions of at least trying a bite of it. Both to satisfy curiosity, as well as to try something new. Who knows i might like it? Anyway, its been in the freezer since i shot it, which is about 2 years ago now. I'm sure its all freezer burn and would not taste anything like it would fresh. I just cannot bring myself to eat it, yet i feel guilty throwing it out! So its still sitting there! I eat all sorts of stuff, or at least try it. Come winter i eat squirrel on a semi regular basis, so its not like I only eat 'normal' meats. It seems that food is different tasting when YOU were the one to cut it up from start to finish. Its almost like when you smell it cooking it reminds me somehow of the smell of the fresh kill/guts. This is the only animal i've ever had this problem with, though i admit there hasn't been that many 'weird' animals i've taken/tried to eat.

Only thing i was thinking with crows, is that you might be able to find a place that cares for birds of prey. Maybe they would want some fresh kills to feed their birds? Problem IMO with that is, if a shotgun is used larger shot that normal would be needed to make sure its all pass throughs so the birds arent chowing down on lead. and with a high velocity rifle its going to blow the bird up and or have fragments throughout it. Something like a .22 lr IMO would be perfect. One projectile, no red mist, and bullet should most likely be in one piece or pass through.

I have read that they really don't taste bad, and if you think they were more likely eating from a farm than a dumpster, even more reason to try. I say try it once if you dont like it leave them to the scavengers.

Last edited by banditt007; August 18, 2009 at 07:42 PM.

Page generated in 0.02892 seconds with 8 queries