View Single Post
Old April 18, 2006, 05:53 AM   #24
threegun

Glenn,
Quote:
As a heuristic, I would state that if the BG is going full blast out the door - wave bye - bye. If his or her movements toward the door indicate that you are still engaged, that's different
How do you determine the bad guys intent (armed with a gun no less)? How can us regular folks tell the bad guys intent in microseconds? The motel clerk had only enough time to fire three shots, hardly enough time (for me anyway) to figure out the robbers intent. What indicators would cause you to believe that the bad guy wouldn't turn and fire? What guarantees that the bad guy will adhere to those indicators? While I will not pursue, my rule of thumb is if armed with a gun and having threatened me with it as in a robbery/assault, I will fire until he is gone from sight just like the clerk did. I wouldn't have stepped in front of the counter like he did rather duck down behind it while covering the front door and calling police.

Quote:
Shooting him does not guarantee an instant stop (except on the Internet). Having been shot and not disabled the BG, rather than fleeing may stay in the fight and kill you or a bystander.
I believe the chances are greater that he will turn and fire or reengage if I stop shooting than they are for me getting shot after wounding the bad guy causing him to return fire IMO.

Page generated in 0.02859 seconds with 8 queries