View Single Post
Old August 28, 2005, 08:04 AM   #40
SomeKid

I love OC.

I do it almost daily.

Do I conceal? Sometimes. I will conceal it going into church. Why? Because I want the little kids focusing on the message, not on the metal and plastic on my hip.

I carry open in an urban envrionment. I am young, (21), though I try to dress like an upstanding citizen and not a punk. I am however routinely underaged. It has made for some interesting moments.

HOWEVER! Not once have I ever had someone call the police. Not once have the police ever seen it and done anything more than nod their heads and continue on.

I have carried open into banks, into my vets office, into my job on payday to get paid (Ok, full disclosure, the business if owned by a woman who sleeps armed. She is an awesome gal.), into the downtown areas during the middle of the business day when lots of people were around, gas stations, fast food, family functions. You get the picture.

For starters, most people do not notice. The few that do, either do not care, or talk to me for a minute, and learn something. I keep a friendly demeanor, and try to leave a good impression on people.

THIS is the way to get people to equate OC with good guys. THIS is the way to get people used to it. THIS is the way to get soccer moms to realize we will protect their kids if something bad happens, and that we are their friends.

Now, do I worry about some BG snagging my weapon or just shooting me first because I OC? I do not. Why? Two reasons. For starters, BGs are not my intellectual peers. (They ain't too bright.) Secondly, as someone who loves to read news, read, hear stories, etc etc etc, I have yet to hear of the BGs doing this once. I have heard of cops getting THEIR guns taken, but I do not hear it happening to armed citizens. The reason for police to be at more risk than us is obvious: they spend their entire workdays either dealing with criminals, or looking for them. We do not. Simply by playing the odds, they get put into more bad spots than we do, thus they have higher odds of having their weapon taken from them.

Also, OC is comfortable, and provides easier access than most concealed methods of carry.

Somekid, forever OCing. (I love TN!)

Last edited by SomeKid; August 28, 2005 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Typos.

Page generated in 0.02542 seconds with 8 queries