View Single Post
Old August 27, 2005, 09:01 PM   #28
joab

Quote:
One last thing is no one honestly responded to my post about whether or not you would discourage open carry if it affected your business.
I don't know if my opinion applies here but,
If I had a business where customers came to my establishment I would not discourage, as in ask to leave, anybody open carrying anymore than I would ask freakishly dressed people to leave.

This may be a weird comparison, but many years ago I watched The Story of Sonny and Cher on TV.
Throughout the movie they consistently went to a certain restaurant and were on a first name basis with the owners and employees.
When they adopted the character Anthony and Cleopatra as
their gimmick and started dressing weird some customers complained.
Even though nothing had changed in them except their manner of dress the were asked to leave and not come back.
I thought that kinda sucked and feel the same way about any activity that does not directly harass other customers

If I had to alienate a customer it might as well be the one I have the least in common with.

When I had my own business it involved going into people's homes.
In that case I would not allow open carry because I was in their homes and had to take their perceptions, misconceptions and even prejudices into consideration.

Page generated in 0.02454 seconds with 8 queries