View Single Post
Old July 21, 2010, 02:41 PM   #7
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Gentleman
Al,

Can you handicap any of these cases?

I regret my lack of background knowledge but isn't one of the plantiffs kind of shady?

Listening to Tom Gresham the other day and he says the two Alans (Gura and Gottlieb) have a mulit step court challenge plan.

Is that secret?

Finally, do you think this plan will involve a future challenge to the 1934 NFA?

I wouldn't try and handicap these, using your money....
There's a case (or two) by an atty by the name of Gorsky, which I haven't listed. This guy is a lone gunman who won't take any help from anyone. He's the atty who showed up at the 9th Circuit in a tee-shirt, of all attire! (IIRC - the Silveira case).

The case you might be thinking of is the Peruta case. He has a "colorful" past, but was finally convinced to take some help (Chuck Michel - NRA/CRPA). Hence his amended complaint.

As for Gura and the SAF, yes there is a strategy. Yes it is sorta, kinda secret (and I'm not in the know - way above my paygrade ). What I think their plan may be is that besides picking the low-hanging fruit, they are anticipating the anti-gun objections and heading them off. But, in locations that are easier to win than the places the anti's thought they would attack.

Before we all get caught up in "Gura-worship," I would remind everyone of the work that Don Kates, Don Kilmer and Chuck Michel are doing for 2A advancement.

UPDATE: The State Ammunition v. Lindley case was voluntarily dropped and refiled in federal district court in light of McDonald.

Page generated in 0.03617 seconds with 8 queries