View Single Post
Old January 21, 2014, 01:38 PM   #17
Skans

Quote:
Some of the comments I've seen from other neighbors were like shoot thru door then call police.
That's a bad idea. Here's a personal experience that explains why I believe this. I was riding my motorcycle home from my parent's house one night at about 10pm (pre-cell phone). I happened to see a motorcycle lying down on the side of the road, so I pulled over to check it out. About 15 feet up from the motorcycle was the rider - no helmet, laying down unconscious with his head bloody in a huge fire ant nest. I got off my bike, ran into the nearest neighborhood. I saw the owner of he bike - he mistook me for his friend who was apparently trying out his new motorcycle. I told him his friend wrecked his bike and was badly hurt. I told him to go get help. He wasn't from around there, froze and didn't know what to do. So, I went and knocked on one door, was basically told to go away. I knocked on another door, this time pleading with the owner to call 911 or the police because someone was badly hurt. I told them not to open the door, just call the police. They did.

Now, if someone shot me - through a door - for simply knocking on their door late at night trying to get help for an injured person, what do you think the outcome would have been for me? For the shooter? For the guy dying on the side of he road?

If someone knocks on your door, stay armed, stay ready, don't open it and call the cops.

Page generated in 0.04069 seconds with 8 queries