View Single Post
Old December 10, 2013, 10:23 AM   #49
chaim

First, I'm glad that (for the most part) most posters have refrained from the common caliber war "mine is better than yours" BS that threads like these often devolve into. Personally, I think all the major auto calibers (9mm, .357SIG, .40S&W, and .45ACP) are just fine, and each have advantages and disadvantages v. the others. Which you choose is a matter of preference and which advantages you value over the others.

As for the OP's original idea of having a "carry gun paradigm shift", that is a valid thing to do, probably preferable to those who pick something and then don't think about it again. We should always be re-evaluating our choices as new information comes available or as our situations change. Sometimes, the re-evaluation may confirm our original choices, other times we may make a change.

While I don't live in a shall issue state and CCW's are nearly impossible for the average person here, I do have an out of state CCW and carry when in one of the surrounding states (which is fairly often). I have been interested in and focused on CCW for about a decade. In that time, I have gone back and forth between autos and revolvers several times. I started with DAO autos, switched to 1911s, and went back to DAO (or DA first trigger pull) and no manual safety on my CCW autos. I have carried .32ACP, .380ACP, 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP (and still have active carry guns in .380 for when nothing bigger than my LCP will do, in 9mm, in .40 and in .45). Not long ago my primary CCWs when out of state were a Taurus 85CH (IWB) often paired with a S&W 442 (pocket) or a S&W 1911SC. Right now, my most common carry is a SIG 290RS, and I bought a .45ACP P250C to sometimes take its place (after I get sufficient rounds through it).

I strongly believe that periodically re-evaluating and occasionally changing your choices indicates that you are an intelligent and thinking person.

Last edited by chaim; December 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.07951 seconds with 8 queries