View Single Post
Old October 31, 2012, 03:39 PM   #1
zincwarrior

M&P for IDPA -which trigger pull better?

As a present from the wife, I'm looking to get a trigger job done on my S&W M&P (tactical version), for better IDPA fun (SSP level). This would be only for competition, not carry.

I like the 3.5lber as its in line with my old 1911, but the less crisp 2.25 is inlione with my old Ruger target .22. What are your thoughts on the different weights?

Quote:
Standard Trigger job- $65.00 plus return shipping

Smoothes out and reduces pull weight to as low as 3.5 pounds on the M&P40 or M&P9, 4.5 pounds on the M&P45. Reduces reset and over travel. Makes significant improvement over stock trigger. Is absolutely not mushy like a glock with a 3.5 pound connector. I do not change any springs so you not need to worry about light primer hits. This is about as close to a 1911 trigger as you can get without a 1911. No safeties are disabled in any way. I can do the standard trigger job without really reducing the trigger pull weight for those more comfortable with heavier trigger.

Competition Trigger job- $110.00 plus return shipping

Smoothes out and reduces pull weight to 2.25 pounds. reduces reset and over travel. I do not change the striker spring so you not need to worry about light primer hits. This trigger is a little less crisp than the Standard Trigger job but is about the same as stock.

Page generated in 0.02984 seconds with 8 queries