View Single Post
Old August 11, 2012, 10:55 AM   #18
Mike / Tx

Quote:
If I read the last paragraph correctly in the gunwerks article, neck tension should be no more then .002. Very light, I would think you would have to be conscious of recoil etc from changing the seating depth.
I cannot remember where it was that I read about it, but the jest of it was a test using differeing amounts of pressure on the butt pad of the rifle to vary the numbers.

I have proven that to myself, having great numbers one time out and not so great numbers the next time, but the accuracy stayed pretty consistent.

This said, unless your shooting competition you would probably never notice it. About the only time I shoot across my chrony is when testing loads. I use it while working up to the area I am happy with, then agin several more times during the course of a year with different conditions to check how much the temp changes have worked for or against me. Once there I simply load and shoot until I am out of those particular components. If I run out or change anything I will always work back through at least to see how the newer component compare to the last used.

Also like UN mentioned with the Berger bullets, and Dan Hacket's findings, I more times than not seat to accommodate the length of my magazine. I usually start off .020" form the max length and shorten from there. In my friends 300 RUM he is seating the 185gr VLD's .125" off the lands and getting stellar groups.

Page generated in 0.03795 seconds with 8 queries