View Single Post
Old May 2, 2012, 10:03 PM   #32
tkglazie

stu has a good suggestion- gun shows. these are a great place to stock up on bullets especially. brass too, if you dont have a free source. primers are usually not much cheaper at shows than at a LGS but if you find them cheap, you can make hay by loading up.

I scored 1000s of good 9mm/.380/.38 bullets for 6-8 cents each at the last show I traveled an hour to and loaded up. My poor motorcycle was sagging from the weight of all that lead....

Even better, Powder Valley accepts checks. You are NOT going to find a better place to buy good components than www.powdervalleyinc.com (in my opinion)

The hazmat fee is a nonfactor if you plan ahead and make a significant buy through powder valley. They combine orders under 48 pounds into one $27 hazmat fee. Shipping costs are not marked up. I have made a few $300 orders of powder/lead/brass/primers and shipping was in the $10-$20 range. Now that I know what I need I can save even more next year by buying in quantity.

No, I am not affiliated, but they got me started when I was having trouble finding a good supplier. They are not the fastest right now, but they have the best prices on most good components, by far.

Damnit, if I had read ahead I would have seen that dickttx already made the powder valley argument.

I second what he said...

Page generated in 0.03240 seconds with 8 queries