View Single Post
Old February 25, 2018, 12:03 PM   #63
Yosemite Steve

Quote:
CAM-OVER: DON’T DO IT. JUST DON’T.
I am in half agreement with this blog. In the case of my press the cam over puts the shell holder the the top of the travel it can reach and a bit past. I think that this is good because it assures me that I have gone to the maximum reach of the stroke, particularly when my die and shell holder are not making contact. In the instance where a reloader puts the die in contact with the shell holder I think it is still ok to let it cam over but with moderation. When the shell holder meets the die with enough pressure to fully contact the surfaces resizing is done. The cam over can be adjusted so that it does not put an egregious amount of pressure on things. Here is an instance where a precision mic would be useful in measuring how much contact is enough and how much does nothing more. The instructions for my Rock Chucker are a little "over the top" with regards to how much further to screw in the die. I think that 1/8 turn past contact is enough to cam over but not enough to wear things out.

Page generated in 0.02983 seconds with 8 queries