View Single Post
Old August 17, 2010, 08:24 AM   #8
enyaw

I've got a Wild Bill revolver like the pic shows. Got it about five years ago. Maybe six. It shot good right from the box...long creep to the trigger and all. I was surprised to find it shot very close to the point of aim right from the box. I'm used to the typical "shoots pretty high" right from the box when it comes to Colt Navy Revolvers. It was a real surprise that two navy Colts I got back then shot to point of aim. They don't all do that.
I haven't put a lot of thought into why some shoot low and others seemingly identical shoot pretty high. I figure it's the way the barrel is drilled thru and the way the barrel fits the frame...wedge and arbor and all that.
Anyway the target in the pic up above looks like a good one. Lots of balls right on the centerline.
The girl out shot you at times Denster? That's cool. Got some competition then. Darn pretty shootin Buddy. We should all be so lucky. My wife used to shoot with me at times and I always enjoyed her excitment intensity about it when it was all new to her. She seemed to take a half hour to get a shot off. She used her Uberti 1862 Pocket Police 36cal. Small person with small hands but she liked shootin the Navy Colts too.
Anyway good to see people having some shootin fun with some new guns.
You mentioned pinning the full cock notch to do a trigger job? I never tried that method. Do you put the pin in the notch parallel to the top of the notch or perpendicular to it?

Page generated in 0.03593 seconds with 8 queries