View Single Post
Old July 20, 2009, 11:18 AM   #6
CWPinSC

Quote:
At this point I was genuinely creeped out, and still am. Now any time the dog barks or the house makes a noise I'm reaching for my rifle.
I don't blame you. I've been through that, and it takes a while before you settle back into a "normal" mindset.

Clearing a house is EXTREMELY dangerous, even for professionals. Don't do it if at all possible. If you must, PRACTICE and practice some more until you have the routine down pat. Get a VERY bright tac flashlight. Take a tactical handgun course or two. I'd ditch the rifle, too. A long gun can easily be grabbed by a BG as you round a corner from room to room. You could use a short-barrel shotgun, and a handgun would be even better.

Get those alarm codes and use them! If it's a monitored alarm, so much the better. Anything that gives you a little advance warning is good.

Keep looking around the house. You might find a defensible corner you can bunker down in and wait for the LEOs.

Remember - your first responsibility - STAY ALIVE. Anything in the house can be replaced.

Page generated in 0.02078 seconds with 8 queries