View Single Post
Old September 2, 2001, 08:47 AM   #2
LBC

I've bought a few of the first two designs: the first model had horizontal grasping rings on the body, the second model had fine cut checkering.

I have never used one in self-defense, but my wife and mother-in-law have tested expired OC cannisters on cardboard at 5-7 feet and found the spray pattern to be very good and the entire unit easy to use.

Two areas of concern would SEEM TO BE keeping the OC nozzle clear of debris, and the strength of the plastic ring that you must thumb off to depress the brass plunger. But I have been carrying these for over two years and have never had one break, and have never seen the nozzle clog.

The unit is very easy to conceal in your hand while walking through a parking garage, on a street, etc. With practice (you can get inert training inserts, or just use expired inserts), it is very quick into action.

There are two other pluses: as a keychain, it tucks nicely into your waistband, and quite frankly I believe some people (inlcuding potential BG's) may see this as some time of LEO or
CO habit, and may think twice about assaulting a sheep. The other plus is that the unit doubles as a Kubotan, and you can swing your keys or the baton after spraying them in the face.

The only question in my mind is the effectiveness of the OC made for this unit. I know nothing about it. But now you say it's coming in larger saizes? That's good news.

Page generated in 0.02891 seconds with 8 queries