View Single Post
Old May 23, 2014, 07:30 AM   #27
Huffmanite

Third week of this past April, I met with other Vietnam vets of the 2/47th Bn and one WWII vet for our unit's reunion held in Columbus, next to Ft. Benning. Just curious if you were in the 2/47, which is now a Basic Training Bn at Benning and they co-hosted our reunion. Had opportunity to meet with and share a few beers with the senior NCOs and officers of todays Bn. I was impressed with these guys. One morning we vets attended a graduation ceremony of a Basic Training company of the 2/47th held on parade field next to the Infantry museum. As mentioned already, one should visit the Infantry Museum, displays and exhibits in it are worth seeing, as are the monuments for outstanding infantry units that are a short walk from the museum building. Following the graduation ceremony and visit to the museum we ate lunch in one of the mess halls of the 2/47th, sitting with soldiers undergoing basic training.....nice to chat with them as we ate. LOL, mess hall and food wasn't anything like I recall when in Basic.

Page generated in 0.03347 seconds with 8 queries