View Single Post
Old July 26, 2012, 04:32 AM   #1
1911Alaska

Clearing a semi-auto shotgun?

Ok guys important question here. So I currently own a Weatherby SA-459 shotgun. I love it its a great gun but clearing it is weird and I was wondering if all semiautos are the same.

So its not like a loaded rifle, where every time you pull the action? open a round shoots out until its clear.

For my shotgun when its loaded with one in the chamber. You pull the action and the one in the chamber pops out, but you still have 4 in the tube (magazine?). To get these out to clear it. I have to PULL the trigger so the next shell pops into the chamber. Once this happens I have to pull the action to clear it then pull the trigger again to get the next one into the chamber then pull the action to get it out of the gun and continue this until there are no more shells in the gone.

Is the how all semi auto shotguns are? This seems extremely unsafe to me. I have always been super careful when taking the shells out and doubling checking it 100x it seems before I pull the trigger. Unfortuenntly last night a military trained friend of mine put a hole in my wall because he was not sure how to work it. Luckily no one got hurt and I learned my lesson to not let any one empty it but me but I was wondering if this is really the way it is supposed to be. Just seems unsafe to me

Page generated in 0.02629 seconds with 8 queries