View Single Post
Old June 29, 2012, 08:49 PM   #25
Crow Hunter

Quote:
The rings... eh yeah I forgot about those... I mean literally. I just checked them after reading this thread and yeah... they wouldn't pass the ring test. I just changed them. I'm rather amazed by now the gun hadn't failed there but even if it did I'd consider that normal wear and tear on the gun and not the gun failing just due to fouling or being unreliable.
Did you make sure you staggered them? You know you have to make sure gaps aren't aligned or it will stop working.

I guess you proved that myth wrong too.

The 20" rifle (the original Stoner design) is significantly more robust than the carbine version and both are way more robust than internet rumor would suggest.

Most manufacturers rifles, when put together right, will last a long time and will be fine. Especially the full length rifle designs. It is a much better balanced system, less wear and tear on the parts.

The biggest thing that you pay for with the "higher end" rifles is consistency and using the correct parts for a carbine. In my experience, the "lower end" rifles are more likely to have something wrong with them within the 1st 200 rounds than the "higher end" rifles and they often use parts that will work fine in the rifle version but may have shorter lifespans in the carbine operating system.

But if anyone has a rifle/carbine and they get through a good 200 rounds failure free, they are most likely good to go for a good long while.

(And they don't have to use dental tools and white gloves to keep it running.)

Good luck.

Page generated in 0.09467 seconds with 8 queries