View Single Post
Old February 16, 2012, 05:34 PM   #12
PawPaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulley
While I fully understand this, can I reload for use in a revolver and the same load work in the rifle? Or do I choose the powder for the specific gun?
Yeah, most of the time that will work, and that's the way it works for me. However, I've got one load, a 180 RF bullet with a stout charge of L'il Gun that I use as my heavy thumper. It shoots well in my Model 28 and my Marlin 1894, but I don't think I want to shoot it in my Model 66, even though it should be perfectly safe. That old revolver and I have a long working history and it's in semi-retirement.

On the other hand, if you want to tailor a load to your rifle, then you might want to use a different powder, but generally the same ammo will work in either gun. A nice revolver and a companion carbine make for a very versatile combination. One thing that you'll notice when you start this experiment is that the .357 magnum is like an entirely different cartridge when fired from the rifle. In the rifle, the velocity will increase several hundred feet per second.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com

Page generated in 0.03623 seconds with 8 queries