View Single Post
Old May 3, 2011, 11:26 PM   #19
mellow_c

Dwight55
I'm not sure if you read that article in a gun magazine. Because I recall reading something close to that. The guy and his GF got their bags and gear together and were headed to the SUV, while many people on the streets were running around, not doing anything very productive. Some of them happened be about to siphon the gas out of the guy and girls SUV... He approached them although from a distance and said something like, "hey thats my car" and they started approaching them with a "what are you gona do about it" attitude... at which point he unslung his AK-47 and watched as they scattered like a few Hyenas running from a lion.... His gf was armed as well.

Although, this was him and his gf going from the appartment TO his vehicle, there are times that it might be just as importaint to have a rifle IN the vehicle it's self... for example when your on your way out of a situation like that above. Or going to help family/friends during civil unrest, or you and or friends and family are some how cornered and cant escape. A rifle or shotgun can be much more intimidating than a handgun, and the presence of one alone may be enough to stop a bad situation before it starts....

There again comes the balance between securing the rifle, and making it accessible. I think anyone who chooses to carry a rifle in their vehicle would be well off spending days or even weeks working out a system to make the firearm secure from simple smash and grab crimes yet to allow for quick access for the intended user.
Police officers are a great example, with their rifle and shotgun locks inside the vehicle. But we civilians will "generally" want the riffle to be concealed, so that adds time when your trying to access the rifle.
Anyway, for any of us serious gun enthusiasts, it makes for a fun and complex project, beyond our normal routine

Last edited by mellow_c; May 3, 2011 at 11:42 PM.

Page generated in 0.03425 seconds with 8 queries