View Single Post
Old July 7, 2014, 09:36 AM   #12
Unlicensed Dremel

Turkeys? No.

Good to great: There are many MANY lines and variables, but yes of course.

Value? Depends. Always a decent to good value because you know what you're getting, but not the best value in many circumstances, depending on specific product niche/requirements you have. However, on "big boomers" that often kill scopes, then *great* value, due to warranty. Any bottlenecked rifle round that starts with a ".3xx" or larger number, or any rifle round with a ".4xx" or larger, ideally needs a Loopy or Vortex, with the best warranties going, if not going super-premium, that is.

Quote:
You may be on to something with a 1-4. For literally decades I have resisted the use of a scope, but my eyes are now too bad for any type of open sights. However, a 1 power optical device just might be the ticket. Thanks for that suggestion.
Go for it. Within days, you'll be bumping it to the three most useful stops along the scale that there are: 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5x, for most uses. The Leupold VX-1, 1-4x20 is a great scope @ around $210-$220. Small, light, durable, long eye relief, and good glass. It's one of my favorites and a top value. If you can, get a Nikon Omega/TurkeyPro/Slugmaster in the 1.65-5x36mm version from Natchez Shooters Supply before this discontinued scope dries up - you'll be in high cotton.

Page generated in 0.04661 seconds with 8 queries