View Single Post
Old October 21, 2013, 06:35 PM   #14
ClydeFrog

Westchester County NY....

My good friend lives in Westchester County NY & is going through the formal gun permit process. He wanted to use Blueline Tactical, a local FFL holder & police supply shop but they cut his scheduled class at the last minute. He did the mandated class in July 2013 & is still waiting for the NY gun license .
I advised him to obtain a Florida CCW(out of state resident W). It's fast & his state training meets Florida's requirements. Blueline teaches a Utah CCW class also. Neither UT or Florida's concealed carry(non resident) license is allowed in New York.
I would also suggest anyone who wants to travel in NY with firearms to review the 2013 SAFE Act laws. Gov Cuomo modified them to allow 10rd magazines for training ranges or NRA match but they can not be fully loaded anywhere else.
BTW; several of the New York DAs & elected sheriffs say they don't support the SAFE act and feel its of no real value to New York's law abiding gun owners/hunters.
Id add that other defense items or weapons may be illegal too; knives, pepper spray, impact weapons(ASP or PR24), Tasers etc. Id check those state laws too.

Page generated in 0.02235 seconds with 8 queries