View Single Post
Old February 1, 2013, 01:02 AM   #21
db4570

Well, I bought my gun and it worked out fine.

Here's how it went. I agreed to buy a pistol from a guy out of state, and we agreed on the price. He looked up my FFL on the BATF web site to confirm he was legit. My FFL had him email a scan or picture of his drivers license (or other gov't ID with picture works, too). The seller shipped the gun to my local FFL along with a self-addressed stamped envelope. I went to the FFL with a USPS money order for the total amount, which I gave to him to send out in today's mail in the seller's SASE. I completed the paperwork with my FFL and everyone's safe and happy.

It took me a while to figure out how to do this so both buyer and seller are comfortable. My FFL acts as a middleman to vouch that he in fact received a gun and not a rock, and that my USPS MO was the real deal. I think FFLs are so protective of their licenses that they take NO chances with this sort of stuff.

I tried to make another deal with another guy today and explained how I had this figured out, and he still wanted it to go through his FFL also, which I would have to pay for, and he wouldn't ship it until he had received my MO. I think something was a little fishy. Maybe the condition was worse that he implied.

I'm interested in other experiences.

David

Page generated in 0.03457 seconds with 8 queries