View Single Post
Old October 22, 2011, 04:53 AM   #4
youngunz4life

Quote:
Really?
yes kojak, really. Please don't assume you know what I do based upon my thread's original post, as that would be an assumption. You forced me to respond because you have a confused icon in your post and the thread might not survive long. The thread is only to start up discussions on whether some people answer the door a certain way no matter what the circumstances, or if they just do what you do and it is based from a tactical standpoint. It is sort of like how some people carry in their home 24/7 and some don't. I had been involved in a recent thread that made me think of some's thought processes, and this is why I started this one. I answer the door regular myself, but I have read on TFL on multiple occaisons about others taking precautions.

To add more, I have sometimes wondered about how safe it is to leave the home @ odd hours for work especially since people fall into routines. Of course I haven't done anything about it even though I could leave from the garage. It can be more of an issue depending on the area in which people reside as well as for some being in the boonies though.

Lastly, the fedex was just an example that happened this week. How about the guy beeping his horn from the driveway trying to sell his construction skills or other 'drive-bys' from the guy who rings the doorbell saying he has extra asphalt to do a cheap driveway job? Do you act the same no matter who rings your doorbell? I know sometimes I haven't answered the door, and my wife and I put up no trespassing signs to stop some garbage. They actually work. To those that are tactically ready, better prepared than sorry is a good motto here.

all the best

Page generated in 0.04855 seconds with 8 queries