View Single Post
Old January 22, 2020, 06:37 PM   #95
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
However there are a couple of different schools of thought that come to mind for me. I don't own any BDU's or "tactical" gear myself except for a few souvenirs from the past but given the totality of the background and circumstances leading up to the rally...
I would suggest this, for its "visual impact" (optics is something you look through...)

VETERANS attending the rally should wear their uniforms(or as much as still fits ). I would include more than just the dress uniform if possible (fatigues) in that as well. And if possible, a WWII infantry vet would look good in full web gear helmet and M1 carbine (one of the "assault weapons they want to ban)

Slogans such as "MY GOVERNMENT put this in my hands to fight tyranny. THIS government wants to make me a criminal for having it" or something like that.

Nam vets show up in your jungle cammies, Desert Storm guys, in your "chocolate chips" or what ever the proper name is.

We've SERVED. There is a degree of respect for that common in our culture again. That is a strong visual, I think.

Doesn't matter if you were a dogface, a jarhead, a squid or a wingwiper, hell I'd even allow... officers!

We all gave part of our lives, to protect those rights, some gave all of their lives. THAT is not something an elected official can be allowed to throw away.

Page generated in 0.01965 seconds with 8 queries