View Single Post
Old August 11, 2012, 06:42 PM   #23
Pointshoot

"Recoil of even hot 357 loads in a 6 inch GP 100 is not even bothersome. It's a heavy gun. I didn't mention 357 because I have significant hearing loss already and if you've shot full house .357 loads without your ears on, you know how painful that is. Since there are both 2 and 4-legged concerns where I'll be I need to not walk around with hearing protection.

I'm choosing to try to keep both my life and my hearing. I think I like the idea of a J Frame. " - - azmark

I know Exactly what you mean. For that reason I find myself going with guns chambered in 45 Colt and 44 Special now when possible. (38 Special is good too & I sometimes use them, but for my applications I prefer the bigger/heavier bullets). If you like the size of a J frame type gun you might also check out the new Charter Arms Bulldog. They have a 2 1/2" barrel snubbie and a 4" barrel 'target' model with adjustable sights. Both chambered in 44 Special. I thoroughly checked out a 4" target model last week and it was quite well put together with decent finish, especially for its price point.

Last edited by Pointshoot; August 11, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

Page generated in 0.02293 seconds with 8 queries