View Single Post
Old February 11, 2009, 07:28 PM   #101
Gaxicus

Going PC

My Stone Age positions on self defense and defensive firearm use:

People new to defensive firearms usually have fears and misconceptions they need to get through in order to be safe and/or effective at using a firearm defensively. It is neither safe nor effective for an instructor to not do their part to address this.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. These fears and misconceptions should be dealt with head on with simple and direct language. While much of this can only be done by the “student” themselves, the instructor must do their part.

There is no such thing as a .45 caliber 240 grain hollow point taser. I don’t care what “experts” say, shooting someone is using lethal force.

A trained shooter opening fire on a human being is very likely to result in death. That means killing here folks. The shooter needs to own that and be resolved to that fact before using a firearm for defensive purpose. See paragraph above.

A defender must be mentally and emotionally prepared to attack their attacker forcefully with intent and aggression until they can achieve an acceptable outcome.

A fight for your life, especially when surprised and out sized, is not conducted in a “tit for tat” way with carefully measured responses. It is conducted with absolute aggression and purpose to force an acceptable outcome.

Acceptable outcome of being attacked:
  1. You can flee or retreat to safety without exposing yourself to additional risk.
  2. A law enforcement officer takes control of the situation.
  3. Your attacker is making a serious effort to flee.
  4. Your attacker is no longer a viable threat to you.
  5. You can safely accept their surrender.*

*On accepting surrender the predator must submit to a vulnerable and/or awkward position so you can get to safety without exposing yourself to additional risk. Be prepared to answer for your response to surrender in court.

Make sure the law is on your side but in a fight for your life; fear the person attacking you more than you fear the law. (Judged by 12 etc.)

These are my Stone Age positions.

These positions arent fit to print and must be censored until they have been watered down to uselessness by the PC people, complicated to paralysis by the academics, and torn apart by the experts who would never use their expertise to give us something to work with, only criticism of someone else’s work.

Lets make guns and bullets cuter shall we? Oh, the colors are terrible. Shooting people isn’t really likely to kill them. We are not prepared to use lethal force to defend ourselves; we are just cute little kitties. While we are at it, let’s think of predators like Tiny Tim from dickens even.

A little levity should hurt too bad should it? No harm meant. Back to my cave. Ugh.

Last edited by Gaxicus; February 11, 2009 at 08:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.03686 seconds with 8 queries