View Single Post
Old November 11, 2002, 02:30 PM   #1
stevie_d_64

Rifle Competition questions and comments...

I came to the Firling line forum this last weekend to ask a question, but I got side tracked by another post that talk about something I was interested in before...I investigated that and am considering getting involved in that type of match...

What I still want to know is if I were to show up one day and wish to compete with an AR type carbine rifle, would I really stand a chance for it to be worthwhile for me to pursue that type of competition...

Now I am by no means a novice shooter...I do understand that I may be at some disadvantage with the obvious length of barrel, but I am one that believes that size does not matter (at least in this particular type of competition), but I am thinking that really is the only disadvantage I can see with this particular rifle...

I think technique, disipline and consistancy prove to make the playing field equitable...I feel you can put an Olympic tuned rifle in a novice or moderate ranked shooter, and they could probably give you fits, but put a top ranked competitor and a stock firearm in their hands and I think they could still compete...

I am not saying I can shoot the gnat off a dogs nose at 200 meters and not bother the dog...I am just trying to get a feel for where best my efforts to get into some sort of competition would be best placed...

My Dad shot long range pistol here in Texas back in the 80's and early 90's and made quite an impression on the shooting community, I guess I am just getting that "bug", and am looking for some direction...

Page generated in 0.02575 seconds with 8 queries