Thread: 6.8 SPC Round?
View Single Post
Old April 5, 2019, 07:54 PM   #8
ratshooter

Thanks WYosmith and everyone else. My question was more academic than anything else mainly because I hadn't heard anything about the the round to the point I had sort of forgot about it.

But after looking closer at the ballistics I don't know that it does anything my 7-08 doesn't already do except fit in the AR and similar platforms. I thought when it came out it made a nice .270 Lite round. I like a .270 but for the ranges I hunt deer it is almost too much of a good thing unless you take the edge off of it a little.

I loaded down my 7-08 for a young girl to use on a youth hunt at school with 120gr Sierra bullets designed for T/C pistol velocities to around 2600fps and she killed for deer with four shots. The 6.8SPC would have worked just as well in the same roll.

I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?

Page generated in 0.03333 seconds with 8 queries