View Single Post
Old July 14, 2010, 04:38 PM   #235
USAFNoDak

Peetzakilla:

Quote:
Actually, that's 20 1/2 years, so it's only $860,000 per year. Frankly, in todays world of Washington, that IS something to sneeze at. $860k is a pittance in DC. The power of the NRA is clearly not due to spending.
Oops. Brain cramp disorder. I must have been thinking about 99 when I did my math. And I'm an engineer on top of it. Boy, is my face red.

Yes, $860K is a pittance in comparison to the money spent in Washington by certain groups. It's the voting block the NRA represents that scares the undies off of the anti gun and pro-gun-control politicians. We should start calling them "public servants" again to help them come to grips with the fact that they are supposed to "serve" the public. They refer to themselves as "lawmakers" as this gives them a higher position on society since they "make" laws which control the rest of us, or at least attempt to control us.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

Page generated in 0.02767 seconds with 8 queries