View Single Post
Old December 11, 2009, 11:05 AM   #13
tet4

Quote:
This reinforces past discussions that 'conservative' is not a useful term as a necessarily gun supporting descriptor. It also is warning that some folks should not be hoodwinked to think that some strata of a conservative ruling class really believe the social conservative mantra they speak. They use it to get votes from the social conservatives - but that's only to support their own power base. They actually don't agree with some fundamental tenets.
Glenn - I also have to raise a major objection to this. A large portion of what GS does in collusion with the Fed is not even close to reflecting on true conservative values of free markets and such, and it's a shame that people think it is. The fed engages in price fixing (the interest rate for the entire economy), fraudulent creation of money which is lent first to large corps like GS, collusion with these groups and the treasury, etc. There's nothing 'free market' or conservative about much of what goes on there - if people woke up and did some research for themselves, they would realize that we really do have a cartel running our economy's money supply.

Anyway, maybe this is what you're saying and I missed your point, I can't tell, but we all need to agree that they have a right to arm themselves as much as anyone else. Now, if they are all getting CCWs in NYC and no one else can, then yes, let's get that corrected (let's get it corrected anyway).

Page generated in 0.03747 seconds with 8 queries