View Single Post
Old December 26, 2012, 09:18 PM   #272
BGutzman

Quote:
The "Troops to Teachers" program still exists. I and others I know looked into it more than once. The requirements to qualify and the benefits it provides make it a self defeating program for most of the people I know. I even had a college professor ask me why I and none of the other vets that ever came through the teaching program used it. It sounds like a great program but it only works for a few people.
Both my parents were teachers of 30+ years. My father retired right at the time when the states started pushing state wide education test for graduation and the passing of various grades. In brief my father said "Not everyone is born with the same amount of smarts between the ears'. So the nutshell is the testing in his opinion wasn't realistic to the human condition.

Over the years my dad stayed pretty engaged with education and came to see all sorts of idiot (group think) ideas get passed into one law or another... This soldiers to teachers program I believe fell into this category... No matter what the degree attained you have to do so much education every so often... plus whatever mandatory classes as part of your degree.. So here you can do all this and have the fed regulating your daily life as a teacher for not a ton of money or you can go work in a different profession, make more money and have big brother off your back to a greater degree.

Page generated in 0.02282 seconds with 8 queries