View Single Post
Old December 26, 2012, 08:37 PM   #270
Chaz88

Quote:
Some years ago, there was a big push for ETS-ing soldiers to have their military education and experience transfered to college credits so they could be fast-tracked to teaching careers. Where did that go?
The "Troops to Teachers" program still exists. I and others I know looked into it more than once. The requirements to qualify and the benefits it provides make it a self defeating program for most of the people I know. I even had a college professor ask me why I and none of the other vets that ever came through the teaching program used it. It sounds like a great program but it only works for a few people.

On the topic of the "face and voice of the NRA". It is a bit of cliche but what we need is a soccer mom with a carry permit and couple of gun racks in her minivan. Do not smirk or laugh. Soccer moms listen to other soccer moms. Politicians listen to them because they are one of the biggest and most consistent voting blocks in the nation. I know a lot of men that are NRA members and all wound up about the situation but when I ask if they vote most of them do not and have some BS about why.

Edit: I would like to point out the first line of my signature. It sums up my long standing attitude about compromise on the 2nd. BUT! some political savvy and gamesmanship is called for.

No spelun and grammar is not my specialty. So please don't hurt my sensitive little feelings by teasing me about it.

Last edited by Chaz88; December 26, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.02875 seconds with 8 queries