View Single Post
Old November 15, 2013, 11:09 PM   #2
Dragline45

I would never use this stuff.

1. There's no way to actually hit what you are aiming at reliably. The fragments spread to the point that they are hitting randomly on target. If you aim center mass, these rounds have a spread of 14 inches and will to put it simply, not hit center mass. If I want multiple projectiles hitting the target, and that will penetrate sufficiently, I will use a shotgun. Plain and simple.

2. These fragmented pieces will lack sufficient penetration needed to hit vitals, very similar to the gimicky fragmentation ammo you see. Especially since it has a piece of string holding them together. What if that string does not disconnect upon impact? It will prevent the rounds from penetrating even more than they normally would.

3. All it takes is for even the slightest thing to get in the way and that string holding those rounds together will either throw the rounds completely off target, or tangle around the object and maybe stop all together.

4. If the round separates before feeding into the barrel, it will lock up your gun. Forget about tap and rack drills, the round will not eject like normal ammunition would.

5. If one of the fragments hits the target, or would hit, and the other two miss the target, it seems that the other two fragments have enough weight and momentum to pull the single fragment that would have otherwise hit.

5. There $50 for 10 rounds. I cant afford to spend hundreds of dollars function testing this ammo.

Last edited by Dragline45; November 15, 2013 at 11:52 PM.

Page generated in 0.02378 seconds with 8 queries