View Single Post
Old November 7, 2010, 12:56 PM   #26
Adirondack

Wow, Chris_B yes I can see why you wouldn't want to go there if that's the case. I've had pretty good experiences on their forum but I'm usually looking for answers to specific questions and there has always been someone that could answer them for me. I do think most of the members for the CMP aren't like that though, you just probably ran into the wrong group unfortunately.

I do find these firearms very interesting and I think they represent what America is capable of when everyone is working together towards a common goal. Take the M1 Carbines and the all the manufacturers involved in building them: Winchester, GM, IBM, National Postal Meter, Rockola, Quality Hardware etc. It's amazing that these manufacturers could so quickly adapt their operations to produce weapons. Also, the history of these weapons is fascinating to me as well. Take those Bavarian marked M1 Carbines, they went into service being used to fight the Germans then later where given over to the Germans for them to police their country after the war; it's an important part our countries' history in that it shows a cautious re-building of trust.

Last edited by Adirondack; November 8, 2010 at 01:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.02867 seconds with 8 queries