View Single Post
Old November 24, 2017, 08:52 AM   #25
OhioGuy

As I'm neither an expert witness nor a jury member, I'll withhold any verdict on this. Though I agree it likely won't end well for the shooter, it certainly ended very badly for the other guy.

This illustrates another "danger" of the prevalence of video cameras everywhere--the viewing public has probably seen this stuff before those involved in the trial have. John Q. Public has probably made up his mind long before the process has really completed. Look at all the police shootings in which a partial video is shown and becomes famous overnight, and everyone (politicians included) have already rendered judgment, and then people are screaming about how "biased" it is that the process hasn't already condemned the cop too. In any of these cases, John Q. Public has a few seconds of video and a lifetime of potential bias to go from, vs loads of forensic evidence and analysis that have to be collected by people who actually know what they're looking at.

Sorry, rant over. This has nothing to do with this video Just an observation and pet peeve of mine. If this video were to go public like others have, likely the entire world would rush to some kind of judgment long before a real verdict could be reached. Which goes back to a comment made above about videos recording details that could condemn you but probably never acquit you--if something like this ever happens to YOU, however justified the use of force, it's entirely possible that half the US population will already have pronounced you evil before you ever get to see a judge.

Page generated in 0.03524 seconds with 8 queries