View Single Post
Old November 13, 2010, 02:23 AM   #67
DG45

Is the Seecamp really smaller in all dimensions than the Kel-Tec P3AT and Ruger Elsie pea? I've never seen or held one, but my .25 cal. Beretta 950 is also smaller than both a P3ATand an Elsie pea in the dimensions Playboy Penguin highlighted in that illustration shown a few posts above, but that's not the whole deal.

Believe it or not, the Beretta 950 is considerably thicker than my P3AT is, and unloaded at least, it's heavier than the weight of an unloaded P3AT too. (I'm not sure which gun is lighter when they are loaded.)

I purchased these guns for one reason only, and that's so in my job, I could conceal one of them on my person and take it with me in places where I didn't want to be seen carrying a gun, but didn't want to go without one either, and where I knew that any larger gun would be spotted.

I carried my little Beretta 950 at work for years, concealed in an Uncle Mikes #1 front pocket holster, without being caught and fired, but I was never satisfied with the tiny caliber and switched to a 1st generation P3AT when they came along. Later I bought a 2nd generation P3AT so now I have two. (Actually, my wife has the first one now.) Both work flawlessly with good quality brass cased ball ammo if kept clean.

I think my .380 P3AT's conceal better than my .25 Beretta did because they thinner than the Beretta and no heavier; and of course the .380 guns are much bigger hitters than either a .25 or a .32 would be. In fact 380 is usually considered the absolute minimum caliber one should consider for any kind of SD.

Seecamps just come in .32 don't they?

Page generated in 0.03934 seconds with 8 queries