View Single Post
Old November 1, 2018, 02:21 PM   #1
Willie Lowman

18" BCM awesomeness

A friend and I are always trading guns. Last year I got a Colt 6920 for some surplus .30-06 ammo. Just last week I traded a MP5 pistol for some cash and a BCM 18" upper that he wasn't using. So I put a SSA trigger in the 6920, slapped the BCM upper on it and mounted a Trijicon Accupower 1-8. That done I went out to the farm to sight it in.

I was frustrated initially. I put a shoot-n-see target at 50 yards and missed the whole target with every shot. Moved the target to 30 yards and again I wasn't even on paper. Moved the target to 10 yards and finally got hits far right and high. I cranked on the turrets, moved the target, adjusted, moved the target again... After a slow start I made it back to 50 yards where I made my initial zero. Once I was happy with that I put another shoot-n-see at 200 yards and loaded the rifle with some Mag-Tech 77 grain ammo.

When I saw my 200 yard groups I was really happy! The worst was 2 1/4" and the best was 1 1/2". I feel this is pretty good for the first time I have fired this particular rifle. If the rain stops this weekend I am going to take it back out and see what I can do.

I am concerned about the scope mount though. In order to get the eye relief I wanted, I had to put the front of the mount onto the first 1/2" of the handguard rail. I have been told to never bridge a mount between the receiver and the handguard. So I am worried about how my scope is mounted but it doesn't seem to have caused a problem yet.

Page generated in 0.02477 seconds with 8 queries