View Single Post
Old January 13, 2020, 05:23 PM   #76
JERRYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBM900 View Post
That is on you as nothing I stated was directed at you (or anyone else) specifically.

Feel free to factually refute it...

There is no such stipulation in the definition.

"We" have been steadily losing our 2A rights, and accepting continued infringements, for nearly a century.
In many areas of the nation guns are forbidden.
Many people are forbidden to own guns.
Many people are having theirs restricted or taken away.
Those are all facts

Cite where I stated it did... or should...
The fact of the matter is that you missed my entire point, which is a rather simple one.
That is that the culture is shifting away from a "gun culture", and away from a 2A ideals culture.
Culturally speaking, if no other infringements were to be made by the left, odds our kind will likely go the way of the Dodo, or at least close to it.

Okay, lets look at them...
Using the most generous estimates, something like 100 million Americans may own a firearm.
Now look at the supposed "gold standard" of 2A supporters, the NRA... ~5.5 million members
Mix in the the ranks of the GOA at ~2 million members
So we're at at 7.5 million members, lets include the smaller more obscure ranks and round up....
10 million members, or roughly 10% of the gun owning population
So the "vast majority" of gun owners are NOT supporting the 2A through the easiest of means....Hmmm

Lets look another another set of numbers...
AR15.com has something around 500,000 users, arguably the largest "gun forum" on the internet (feel free to correct me)
A highly sponsored, highly advertised, highly organized "rally" in DC drew barely a few hundred people, about 500 from the pic/videos I saw.
"Oh but people came and went"
Okay, lets double the number to 1,000
Then lets factor in cloaking devices and double to 2,000
Better include those who have the natural power of invisibility and round up to 5,000
That would be just 1% of their entire user base
One-percent

Care to talk more about my assertion of laziness and apathy?

That statement just proved my entire point... literally.

Cite specifically where I did either....
Frankly such an assertion sounds like leftist speak, they ignore facts and rely largely on emotion.
If facts hurt feelings, then maybe gun owners should grow some thicker skin.
After all, how are they going to handle losing even more rights as that is the direction we are heading.

No offense intended guy... but that sounds like it was taken right from AOC or Sanders rally.

No what "we" need to do FIRST, is admit the dire straights we are in.
This ongoing denial, the burying of heads in the sand, the kicking the can down the road mentality... all need to stop.
I'm seeing it right here in this very thread.

If my lil ole words and opinion do such a thing... then we are more screwed than even I imagined.

So what you are saying then is that facts hurt feelings?
How can "we" stand up to the left if "we" cannot even admit where we are at?

Listen guy, if my opinions trigger such angst, I truly do not know what to tell you other than they were sincerely not meant to. I am simply stating what I see from my perspective of living well over half a century on this earth, most of which spent using firearms, over half of it in law enforcement, being rabid a student of history, by nature being an intellectually curious fact seeker, and a genuine 'people watcher'.

20-30 years ago I would have read my own words and told myself I was nuts.
Today, I honestly fear for the future of the Republic, I truly do.
And I know for a fact I am not the only one.
I stand by my original statement.
well, damn. this about sums it up fairly well.

I agree with you about your words today being heard 20 or so years ago. we went from states with may issue or even no issue to shall issue, government infringements "sunsetting", et cetera.... today many of the same states that were leaders in 2nd amendment recognition are turning the other way, not because of a rise in crime but a failure of the voting public to support politicians that honor the 2nd amendment.

Page generated in 0.02609 seconds with 8 queries