View Single Post
Old December 8, 2012, 03:57 PM   #3
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Unlike most I will not recommend a 10/22 for a first gun, the Marlin is good, A Henry lever action is good, A savage is a great buy for a first gun for being economical and better out of the box than most.

For a handgun the choice for me is what fits YOUR hand not what everybody else likes. I also suggest that you learn to field strip it before you leave the store with the gun, if the gun is hard to clean you won't clean it and this is not a good thing.

If you were my kid and I was getting you a first handgun it would be a SA revolver to learn on. Everything you learn with that gun will be cheaper and will apply to any other handgun you get after that. Semi's are just to easy to load up a few magazines and then shoot till they are empty. You get more out of it if you are working each and every shot like it was the last shot you will ever get.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03816 seconds with 8 queries