View Single Post
Old September 21, 2012, 10:20 AM   #27
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolgripshotty
Ok this is all I'm saying...when SHTF in a life or death situation (which happens somewhere everyday in this world) its either YOU or the OTHER guy (i.e. bad guy). I mean if someone were to break in your home or stick you up at the ATM, you guys mean to tell me that your going to be polite and offer them a glass of water and a turkey sandwich and say; Hey thanks for stopping by and robbing me!!!!
[1] This is not necessarily the kind of situation we are discussion in this thread. There are situations in which lethal force might not be appropriate or legally justified. The issue here is handling those.

[2] There's a lot of difference between using tactics and a level of force appropriate in a situation in which lethal force isn't warranted and inviting someone to lunch.

Again I suggest that you might do well to spend some time studying the legal issues related to the use of force in self defense. This (UseofForce.us) would be a good place to start.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02991 seconds with 8 queries